Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
The Holy Quran says:
And We have enjoined on man the doing of good to his parents. His mother bears him with trouble and brings him forth in pain. And the bearing of him and the weaning of him is thirty months. Till when he attains his maturity and reaches forty years, he says; My Lord, grant me that I may give thanks for Thy favour, which Thou hast bestowed on me, and on my parents, and that I may do good which pleases Thee; and be good to me in respect of my offspring. Truly I turn to Thee, and truly I am of those who submit (46:15).
The most natural unit of society is the family. Many are the laws of Islam which are geared towards preserving the institution of the family and the web of relationships within the family. Because, if one wants to preserve the family, and the identity and proper upbringing of the children are to be safeguarded, then adultery and fornication must be severely punished.
And go not near to fornication, surely it is an obscenity and evil is the way (17:32).
In Islam, there are three factors which keep the family together:
1. Kinship or blood ties
2. Marital commitments
3. Faith (Din)
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Islam holds that the Qur’an was repeatedly revealed from Allah to Muhammad orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death. Followers of Islam further believe that the Qur’an was memorized, recited and written down by Muhammad's companions after every revelation dictated by Muhammad. Most of Muhammad's companions, tens of thousands, learned the Qur’an by heart, repeatedly recited in front of Muhammad for his approval or the approval of other Sahaba Muhammad approved and also compiled it in written form while he was alive. Muslim tradition agrees that although the Qur’an was authentically memorized completely by tens of thousands verbally, the Qur’an was still established textually into a single book form shortly after Muhammad's death by order of the first Caliph Abu Bakr suggested by his future successor Umar. Hafsa, Muhammad's widow and Umar's daughter, was entrusted with that Quran text after the second Caliph Umar passed away. When Uthman, the third Caliph, started noticing differences in the dialect of the Qur’an, he requested Hafsa to allow him to use the Qur’an text in her possession to be set as the standard dialect, the Quraish dialect aka Fus'ha (Modern Standard Arabic). Before returning that Qur'an text to Hafsa, Uthman immediately made several copies of Abu Bakar's Qur’anic compilation and ordered all other texts to be burned. This process of formalization of the orally transmitted text to Abu Bakar's Qur'anic text is known as the "Uthmanic recension". The present form of the Qur’an text is accepted by most scholars as the original version compiled by Abu Bakr.
Muslims regard the Qur’an as the main miracle of Muhammad, as proof of his prophethood, and as the culmination of a series of divine messages. These started, according to Islamic belief, with the messages revealed to Adam, regarded in Islam as the first prophet, and continued with the Suhuf Ibrahim (Scrolls of Abraham), the Tawrat (Torah or Pentateuch) of Moses, the Zabur (Tehillim or Book of Psalms) of David, and the Injil (Gospel) of Jesus. The Qur'an assumes familiarity with major narratives recounted in Jewish and Christian scriptures, summarizing some, dwelling at length on others, and, in some cases, presenting alternative accounts and interpretations of events. The Qur'an describes itself as a book of guidance, sometimes offering detailed accounts of specific historical events, and often emphasizing the moral significance of an event over its narrative sequence.
DUBAI/ CAIRO (Rasha al-Khayat, Amira Fouda)
The Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, has promoted on its website and other social networking sites the burning Islam’s holy book copies.
The church, which also launched several campaigns against homosexuality and abortion, stirred much controversy last year after distributing T-shirts that read, "Islam is of the Devil."
Church leader Dr. Terry Jones published a book under the same title and posted outside the church a poster conveying the same message.
Several Facebook groups were formed to counter the campaign like “In Protest of International Burn a Koran Day” and “Against Everybody Burn Quran Day."
The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued a statement asking Muslims to invite friends and distribute copies of the Quran.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Sembilan perkara yang perlu di elakkan dari lelaki....
1. Elak menceritakan ada lelaki yang secara diam meminati anda, apatah lagi jika lelaki tersebut adalah bekas kekasih anda.
2. Membenci ibunya. Jikalau ada pun menyimpan perasaan kurang senang, jangan terlalu vokal meluahkannya. Meskipun sidia membuka cerita soal keburukan ibunya. Jangan cuba menokok tambah sebaliknya bertindak tenang. Jika ingin memberi komen utarakan hal-hal yang positif dan neutral sahaja.
3. Hal kecurangan yang pernah dilakukan tanpa pengetahuannya. Ini akan menjejaskan keprcayaannya terhadap anda. Jangan sesekali memanjangkan cerita kecurangannya terhadap anda. Tidak mustahil dia akan mengulanginya.
4. Semakin usia lelaki bertambah, minat dalam kehidupan seksual mungkin tidak sehebat seperti pada awal perkahwinan dan mungkin juga ada perubahan. Jangan cuba membandingkan hal itu dengan kehebatan masa lalu.
5. Elak menceritakan kecurangan sahabat anda terhadap suaminya. Dia akan berfikir anda akan bertindak sedemikian kelak dan meragui kesetiaan anda ataupun dia akan cuba mengongkong atas sebab keselamatan hubungan bersama anda.
6. Jangan membuat lelaki lemah semangat terhadap pekerjaannya. Jika suatu hari dia mengeluh tentang majikannya yang bermasalah maka sokong dan bantunya mencari jalan penyelesaian. Jangan terlalu mencampuri permasalahan tersebut. Cukup sekadar mendengar dan memberi pendapat. Lebih baik jangan bagi keputusan sebaliknya berilah dia pilihan.
7. Cerai adalah perkataan yang harus dihindariwalaupun berlaku perselisihan yang teruk. Berpisah atau bercerai adalah perkataan yang jarang dimain-mainkan oleh lelaki.
8. Elak membanding pendapatan apatah lagi jika gaji anda lebih besar. Ini akan menyinggung perasaan suami dan menjadi punca menimbulkan konflik dalam hubungan harmoni.
9. Pertemuan bersama teman membuat anda membuka hati untuk berkongsi hal-hal persenderian. Elakkan menceritakan hal itu secara teliti kerana akan menimbukan pelbagai pra sangka buruk yang tidak tepat.